It’s gets harder and harder to find things that actually relax me, once you have three kids. A good book used to do, or a nice cup of frothy latte. Now the reading is constantly interrupted, and I rarely orders a latte without a decaf hazelnut mocha, and two hot chocolates. I think reproduction should be banned for introverts like myself. Kids and being private and alone just don’t mix.
It’s really hard to find things that actually relaxes me without adding to my stress, but I think the following will do, for now.
- A nice cup of green tea in the morning
- Watching movie alone at night
- Reading in a coffee shop or bookstore
- Taking a walk alone up the trails
- Taking a nice hot shower (baths are too time consuming)
- Ordering new books for my Kindle